The Big Recap
Confession #1: I have this love hate relationship with blogging. I struggle with making the time to write out what God is doing in my life and especially in the life f the church that I lead.
Confession #2: God has been doing so much in the life of our church that I’ve reached the place where I just can’t keep it in any longer. So I’ve decided to take another run at posting a Sunday recap and from time to time sharing some thoughts and lessons that I learn on this great adventure with God.
The Big Recap (8/15/2010)
- Started our new series today called Collision. The big idea for the day is that there are two kingdoms trying to coexist in your life and there is only room for one.
- So proud of how the people of Five Stones are giving to make an impact. Our month of July giving was actually larger than our December. For those new in church life that never happens. July is always your worst month of the year in terms of giving.
- The past two Sundays we have had as many visitors as we had for Easter Sunday. People are hearing about what God is doing and are coming to take their next step with God.
- Just learned that some of our students have started a non-profit group to help children in need. Love how they are embracing God’s Kingdom.
- I can’t wait to see what God does with our church this Fall. I just have this feeling that we are about to explode as a church with our impact in the community.
- Loved seeing our students on the front rows this morning leading out in worship. I hope they continue to push us as a church in our expression of worship to Christ.
- Life Groups start back in a few weeks and this in my opinion is the heart and soul of our church. You can’t experience community in rows, community happens in circles. Get signed up for a Life Group.
- Blown away with our new setup of booths around the worship pit. Ralph and Leslie and their teams are so creative. Its great as a leader when you can sit back and say the reason that is great is because I had nothing to do with it.
- Who would have thoughts that we would have over 40 people coming out every Monday night in August to walk through Wayne Grudem Systematic Theology Book? The fact is when we get our theology of God correct so many things fall into place.
- I’ll close with my favorite part of the day: Breaking down and stacking the chairs in the worship area with my 9 year old son. Once again I was able to demonstrate and talk about why we Invest Now as Christ Followers. If your not serving with your child you are missing out on a huge blessing.
- Second favorite part of the day: Listening to Ralph tell the story of the Props that we used this morning bouncing down Providence Road in the middle of the night. Talk about Collision.